As we righteous people know that we are not fighting against flesh and blood but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms therefore we need to put on the full armor of God so that we could withstand the devil schemes.
the armor of God consist of 6 (six) elements which is truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation and the sword of the spirit. Paul an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God revealed the armor of God in Ephesians 6 (six) each element has a special position and function on our body, lets review each piece of armor and how you equip yourself with the armor of God.
- the belt of TRUTH is buckled around your waist, to buckle the belt of truth around your waist you first need to practice truth at all times for the lord almighty commanded us to not lie because his word says the truth shall set you free sometimes in earthly situations the truth didn’t seem to set you free but in the spiritual realm your truth have delivered you from the spirit of lying which was trying to gain access in your life, and if you allow it access it will only encourage you to lie in every situation you face say the truth at all times it will set you free.
- The breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS which is placed on your chest area, righteousness is basically living your life according to the way God have set for us to live, which is in the commands he gave. In Romans 2:13 it says for it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
- the readiness that comes from the gospel of PEACE which we equip on our feet in Ephesians 4:2-3 says be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace. This scripture clearly shows what you need to keep the unity of peace which is complete humbleness in any/every situation, gentleness, patience and bearing with one another in love no matter who the person or people are you should always have these things inside you every where you go, don’t just have them but use them.
- take up the shield of FAITH now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see this is what the ancients were commended for (Hebrews 11:1). Having faith in God and believing that he exists you automatically equip yourself with a shield which you will use to defend yourself from the flaming arrows, swords and spares of the enemy not by your strength but by the strength of the living God who created all things both on earth and in heaven.
- the helmet of SALVATION to equip this helmet of salvation on your head you first need to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead and you will be saved in other words you have gained salvation. I would advise you to get baptist with both water and spirit turn to John 3:4 it says I tell you the truth no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the spirit (holy spirit).
- the sword of the SPIRIT which is the word of God storing gods word into your heart will equip you with a sword which you use in your spiritual battle. That is why it is very important to know the word of God because gods word is very powerful, unclean spirits cannot bear the word of God because it’s a sword inflicting damage to their bodies.
see to it that you have all the elements of GODS armor so that when the trials and temptation comes you are protected.